Australia Geography: Australian Capital Territory
Australian states research. Designed for Year 2 - 5
My Adventures Across ACT Booklet. This unit provides worksheets for students to complete as they learn about the Australian Capital Territory . This could be used as a special day of learning or as a half term unit of work. Take a trip around Australia, with all of the state resources!!
DESIGNED FOR AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM GEOGRAPHY, although suitable for any class learning about Australia!
In this resource it contains:
- Australian map with each state/ territory labelled.
- A state map
- KWL chart
- Comparison chart between Canberra and your city.
- A Dream Day in ACT (information on attractions and activities). Students work out their day whilst sticking to a budget.
- Brainstorm task
- Find a word activity
- Acrostic poem
- Plane window (you could set your classroom up as if you are landing in Australia or just have them on display).
- Fact sheet and writing activity
- Mini Research project about a location in ACT.
- Art activity
- Postcard to 'send' home about your time in Australia. A great writing activity.