Children Learn What They Sing™
SING TO LEARN! (Pre K-3) is a compilation of 13 specially selected songs, from our primary school, curriculum-aligned teachers' books/Cds. The all-original, curriculum-aligned songs provide an excellent platform for learning and reinforcing curriculum themes and concepts for lower primary. 'A Lesson in Every Lyric'® *Read a review.
THEMES INCLUDE: *Family *Friendship *Care for Self and Others *Gratitude *Environmental Awareness *Meeting Needs *Growth and Change *Health, Safety and Happiness *Rules and Responsibilities *Interdependence *Multiculturalism *School and Community Roles *Goods and Services *Cycles In Our World *Doing Your Best...
DOWNLOAD INCLUDES 13 songs & lyric sheet.
SONG LIST & DESCRIPTION:
• ‘PUT A SMILE ON YOUR DIAL’ ~ Helps children to understand ways in which they can contribute to a happy atmosphere
• ‘OUR CLASS RULES ~ OK!’ ~ Teaches consideration for the safety and happiness of others
•‘WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?’~ Helps children to make the connection between people’s needs for everyday products and those who meet them
• ‘SUMMER SUNDAY’ ~ Highlights sun and beach safety, as well as ways in which we use and enjoy natural environments
• ‘OUR SCHOOL’ ~ Helps children to understand ways in which they can help to make school happy, healthy, fair and safe
• ‘KEEP IT CLEAN!’ ~ Selected for publication in the ABC's 2010 SING! publication, this environmental rap song teaches ways to clean up and care for the environment, with emphasis on reusing, reducing and recycling *View student assembly video.
• ‘IMAGINATION’ ~ Encourages resourcefulness and creativity through use of the imagination
• ‘COME TO YOUR SENSES’ ~ Identifies the five senses and ways in which they enrich life
• ‘FOUR SEASONS’ ~ Helps children to understand cycles in our world and to appreciate the beauty and diversity of nature
• ‘FAMILY TREE’ ~ Helps children to appreciate family and highlights roles and responsibilities of family members
• ‘LIVING THINGS’ ~ Explains differences between living and non-living things
• ‘ONE WORLD’ ~ Identifies cultural similarities and differences e.g. food, clothing, shelter, customs, language, leisure and music
‘A must have CD!
The delightful songs not only teach and reinforce values, but also promote learning of curriculum content. My students and I love singing along to the catchy tunes!’
~ Jenny Morris, Classroom Teacher
'Your Sing To Learn CD is tailor made for us, with three ASD children between the ages of 5 - 9, to reinforce the Values, Social Skills and Curriculum that we are trying to teach. The catchy tunes, simple phrasing and repetition allows us, as parents, to present the same information over and over again, via CD, in an engaging, consistent and non threatening manner.'
~ Helen Wise, Parent
*Pinterest Board: Sing To Learn
**A REVIEW: 'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
Keystone Creations ~ Educational Songs
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'®
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.